3D Animation Workflow Workshop in Autodesk® Maya®
Intake: On Demand
Study Mode: Session
Duration: 9 Days
Discover 3D animation workflow using Autodesk® Maya®. Discover what it takes to
create computer-generated images for animation. Master the basics of Maya UI,
modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, effects, lighting and rendering for animation
• Have strong foundation on Maya UI, navigation in
3D space and working with projects.
• Build 3D models using different modeling
• Gain a greater understanding of UV mapping and
UV unwrapping techniques for complex objects.
• Apply textures to hard surface and organic
• Create rig using IK and FK, assign controllers,
and bind skin.
• Animate characters using pose to pose method.
• Create camera animation using motion path.
• Setup studio, physical sun & sky and HDRI
• Render with different render engine (Maya
Software, Mental Ray and Vray).
• Create effects using particle system and fluid
• Use basic MEL to automate functions
Intro to Maya (Day 1)
• Maya interface: the view window, tools,
buttons, and timeline.
• Customize view, zoom in and out, and to
navigate between different artwork displays
through key commands and shortcuts.
• Create and adjust primitives to create basic
3D models, and using the Transform tools
to move, rotate, and scale them in three
• Organize your artwork, group and parent
objects and pivot them.
Basic Modeling in Maya (Day 1)
• Manipulating the shape of an object to begin
creating realistic or complicated shapes.
• Select components and edit them, rotating,
scaling, and transforming the elements in the
• Delete, extrude, or cut to add details to the
UV Mapping & Texturing (Day 2)
• Projecting UV map.
• Unwrapping UV map.
• Painting textures.
• Assigning and editing shaders attributes
Rigging (Day 3 - 4)
• IK and FK concept
• Drawing skeleton using joints for character.
• Apply IK handles for skeleton
• Draw and assign controllers
• Bind skin and weight paint for accurate
Animation (Day 5 - 6)
• Keyframe a bouncing ball.
• Editing motion graph using graph editor.
• Posing a character.
• Creating a walkcycle
Camera Works (Day 7)
• Creating different type of cameras.
• Camera attributes
• Animating camera
Lighting & Rendering (Day 7)
• Setup a basic light rig including a directional
light, spotlight, key light and point light, and
render it using different render engine.
• Setup for Mental Ray rendering
• Setup for VRay rendering
Effects (Day 8 - 9)
• Particles fundamental.
• Creating fireworks using particles.
• Creating explosion using fluid system.
• Creating cloth using ncloth.
• Create fur using nHair.
MEL (Day 9)
Introduction to MEL script
Who should attend?
This course is designed for beginners with no working knowledge of Autodesk® Maya®. Trainees will master the fundamental skills in 3D production workflow. If your goal is to become a 3D generalist, this course is designed for you. You will obtain new
knowledge and skills using Autodesk Maya.
Max no. of participants
Sign in to enrol now !
( In House Training )