Intake: On Demand
Study Mode: Session
Duration: 2 Days
Academy: Prodigy Asia Professional Development Programmes
- To develop the necessary confidence to address any level of people, regardless of status or position.
- To develop the necessary skill to effectively impart a message in a creative and a clear manner.
- To develop the awareness on how effective speech can enhance career advancement.
- To develop the passion for public speaking.
By the end of this course students should be able to:
- Speak more confidently in front of an audience utilising a variety of delivery skills such as eye contact, gestures, movement & vocal variety.
- Develop Informative and Persuasive speeches through research, audience analysis, etc.
- To enhance a presentation via the effective use multimedia & visual support.
- Critically assess their own speaking, and that of others.
- What is public speaking?
- The different platforms of public speaking
- The benefits
- Examples of great public speakers and their characteristics
- Required competencies
- What it takes to be a great public speaker.
- Difference between ‘natural flair’ and ‘unnatural flare’
- Activity – A video clip of a public speaker
- Barriers to required competencies
- Identifying personal barriers
- Understanding these barriers in a real way
- Removal of barriers
- Activity – Rope trick
- The audience
- Identifying their need
- Identifying their expectation
- Fulfilling that need and expectation
- Verifying the fulfillment from the audience
- Role play – addressing different audience
- The format
- The introduction
- The contents
- The closing
- The follow up (if any)
- Activity – ‘5 minute speech’
- The topic
- Know your topic
- Customizing the topic
- Developing topics creatively
- Continuous implementation
- How not to lose the edge
- Mindset for continuous improvement
- Activity – decisions and resolutions
- Interactive lecture
- Video show & analysis
- Role plays & evaluation
Who should attend?
Max no. of participants